Dates: Saturday 7 November and/or Sunday 8 November
Time: 08:00 to 14:00 UK time
Start your own blog in a weekend with Fred de Vries and Claire Ventress
Join Fred de Vries for a fun weekend honing your writing craft and starting your own blog. Your focus can be on travel, food, or anything that interests you.
You can sign up for the writing day or the ‘start your own blog’ day or both days. Share ideas and learn with a community of fellow travellers.
On day one, the writing day, you’ll pitch your blog idea, receive advice on the idea, write a draft, of your first post, receive feedback and editing notes, and then polish your piece ready to post it on day two.
On day two you’ll create your own blog site from scratch on Blogger, post your first piece, receive editing and technical advice, and you’ll end the day with a polished blog post with images and links posted on your blog.
Day one – write your blog post from pitch to polished piece
Facilitator: Fred de Vries
- The day starts with a group session. We’ll discuss how the workshop will work, and you’ll receive guidelines on what makes a blog from Fred. Participants pitch their blog idea. Your focus can be anything from travel, to food, to memoir. You’ll receive feedback from Fred. Discuss possible images and links.
- Writing time.
- Submit first drafts.
- Feedback from Fred followed by a group session with editing tips.
- Complete second drafts.
Day two – start a travel blog from scratch and end with a live post with images and links
Facilitators: Fred de Vries and Claire Ventress
- Group technical session with our technical/blog expert, Claire Ventress.
- Participants receive step-by-step instructions on creating a Blogger site and you’ll post your first blog.
- Group session. We look at all the blog posts and participants receive writing feedback from Fred, and comment and tips from our technical/blog expert.
- Individual editing time.
- Final group session looking at the finished blog posts.
A polished blog post with images and links posted on your own blog.