Creative Writing Course
Start Date: 4 October
Time: 17h00 to 20h00/20h30 UK time
Where: Sessions will be held every Monday and Thursday for five weeks via Zoom.
Have you always wanted to write – a novel, a short story, a memoir – but never got beyond the first few pages?
You might have written the book you’ve always dreamed about, but know there’s something about it that doesn’t feel quite right…
Perhaps you feel daunted, nervous to take the first step, scared of failure?
How will you get past your writer’s block?
What if you just want to exercise your creativity in a safe space?
What do you need to write that book you’ve always dreamed of?
Encouragement? Insight into the sorts of techniques that turn a humdrum story into an electrifying narrative?
Our Creative Writing Course will give you all this and much more. The course is designed to provide you with the skills and tools every writer needs to tell your own story. All About Writing will help you realise your dreams.
- The ten course sessions will be run via Zoom you can learn in real-time from a tutor you can engage with and listen to.
- Each of the sessions tackles a key skill and challenges participants with carefully crafted writing exercises, to which we’ll give immediate feedback.
- In addition we will use an online platform to share the comprehensive course notes for each module.
- Participants are encouraged to discuss the modules via the online platform and to interact between sessions.
The skills focused on are:
- Finding your Voice
- Ideas: where to find and develop them
- Building characters
- Building the narrative
- Writing scenes
- Point of view
- Writing dialogue
- Beginnings, middles and ends
- Creating suspense
- Showing, not telling