Start Date: 1 February
In just ten weeks you’ll learn the skills you need to write a novel, short stories or creative non-fiction – biography or memoir.
Start a new module every Monday for ten weeks.
Have you always wanted to write – a novel, a short story, a memoir – but never got beyond the first few pages?
You might have written the book you’ve always dreamed about, but know there’s something about it that doesn’t feel quite right…
Perhaps you feel daunted, nervous to take the first step, scared of failure?
How will you get past your writer’s block?
What if you just want to exercise your creativity in a safe space?
What do you need to write that book you’ve always dreamed of?
Encouragement? Insight into the sorts of techniques that turn a humdrum story into an electrifying narrative?
Our ten module Creative Writing Course will give you all this and much more. The course, run by Richard Beynon and Jo-Anne Richards, is designed to provide you with the skills and tools every writer needs to tell your own story. Allaboutwriting will help you realise your dreams.
- The course is run through our online network and is designed to be completed within ten weeks.
- We’ll release a new module every week. It should take between two to four hours to complete each week’s work.
- Practical exercises to do in your own time
- Each module ends in an assignment, to which we recommend you give no more than thirty minutes.
- You will receive personal constructive feedback and support from Richard or Jo-Anne on every assignment.
Each of the modules tackles a key skill and challenges participants with carefully crafted writing exercises and assignments.
The skills focused on are:
- Finding your Voice
- Ideas: where to find and develop them
- Building characters
- Building the narrative
- Writing scenes
- Point of view
- Writing dialogue
- Beginnings, middles, and ends
- Creating suspense
- Showing, not telling